    problem.
    rtsp://rmlivev8.bbc.net.uk/farm/*/ev7/live24/worldservice/butl10.ra

    Waht's reason and troubleshooting it?

    Thaqalain, Jul 7, 2005

  2. Thaqalain

    why? Guest

    A few thoughts,

    Site may be busy.

    Then there is Anti Virus / Firewall on your PC , distance from you to
    server , the route between you and the server, your connection speed.

    Check the statistics options in your player (I see that as an option in
    Real Player Basic 8) , see what it says about bandwidth , drops etc.

    Me

    why?, Jul 7, 2005

  3. Thaqalain

    Thaqalain Guest

    Another error :
    rtsp://rmlivev8.bbc.net.uk/farm/*/ev7/live24/asiannetwork/live/asian_dsat_g2.ra

    Thaqalain, Jul 7, 2005
  4. Thaqalain

    Thaqalain Guest

    rtsp://rmlivev8.bbc.net.uk/farm/*/ev7/live24/asiannetwork/live/asian_dsat_g2.ra
    It's showing 40-44Kbps with broadband DSL@10Mbps.

    Thaqalain, Jul 7, 2005
  5. Thaqalain

    why? Guest

    See the list of possible issues, it's most likely only a short list, to
    which you can add CPU speed / other open apps running.

    My ISP link is 4Mbps.

    I see that stream advertised as 44.1 Kbps , real player stats
    encoded at 44.1 Kbps , minimum 15.4 maximum 71.1 average 43.7 , current
    36-51 range.

    1750 packets 88.78% 4 lost 0.21%
    retransmission 4

    stats -
    avg bandwidth 43700
    avg latency 0
    clip bandwidth 44100
    current bandwidth 35000-62000

    That's from UK, north of Watford Gap :)

    There are a few very short dropouts in the sound.

    Me

    why?, Jul 7, 2005
  6. Thaqalain

    why? Guest

    Advertised speed 44.1Kbps and your figure is in line with the speed.,
    Current varies 26 to 52.

    You could look for FAQ / support / help / troubleshooting info on the
    site for the player you are using.

    Me

    why?, Jul 7, 2005
  7. Thaqalain

    Thaqalain Guest

    I am adding another error to work any common problems during live
    listening:
    rtsp://a1710.v151216.c15121.g.vr.akamaistream.net/ondemand/7/1710/15121/2005071613/ondemand.dw-world.de/encoder/audio/automat/Gruen-urdu-1430.ra

    Thaqalain, Jul 16, 2005