    I am doing.

    Here is the survey's address: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/X2MYQBL

    I appreciate your help,

    Halley Pontes, Apr 28, 2014

  2. Your survey is flawed.... I am 73 and it won't accept that for my age.

    Charlie Hoffpauir, Apr 28, 2014

  3. hmmm... It accepted 70.

    The "At what age did you get on the internet"
    question was quite amusing....

    Jonesy

    Allodoxaphobia, Apr 28, 2014
  4. Well, that was weird. I used to write product marketing surveys long
    ago and know something of how they work. Usually, the main question
    is repeated and rephrased in a different form maybe once or twice.
    This survey repeats about 4 main questions at least 6 times and maybe
    more. Same question, different form. The idea is to check the
    consistency of your answers. The double negatives and convuluted
    English do not help. I had to re-read several questions carefully in
    order to decode what was being asked. With the aformentioned problems
    (and others), I suspect that all the survey produces is the obvious
    conclusion that internet users have difficulties comprehending online
    surveys. I won't go any further on this so as not to ruin the
    experience for others joining the study.

    Good luck.

    Jeff Liebermann, Apr 29, 2014
  5. Halley Pontes

    miso Guest

    And what is your opinion on surveys where the subjects are self-selected.
    ;-)

    miso, Apr 30, 2014
  6. Chuckle. By definition, they're mostly useless, unless you have a
    very narrow population to be questioned. Self selection is the
    problem with exit surveys, accident statistics, political polls,
    magazine salary surveys, and any survey where people "volunteer" to be
    questioned. This poll assumes that everyone that volunteers is
    somewhat of a computah addict. Give the survey to a really light
    computer user and they wouldn't know how to answer most of the
    questions. The best it can do is estimate the degree of addiction.
    The sample population is also severely skewed. The survey is limited
    to Usenet newsgroup readers, that have a high level of curiosity, are
    extremely tolerant of repeated questions, can decode the questions,
    have no interest in the outcome (not provided), are literate in
    English, want to be helpful, and have sufficient spare time. It
    doesn't cover short tempered, busy, non-English speaking, marginally
    literate, easily bored, non-Usenet reading, and non-addicted computah
    users.

    Also, if such a survey were commercially inspired, there would always
    be at least one question involving the sponsor buried among the
    others. Something like:
    1. Do you own a computah?
    2. How many hours per day do you use your computah?
    3. Do you eat while computing?
    4. Have you tried Mega-Sugar-Muchie candies?
    Nobody cares about the answers to questions #1 to #3. It's question
    #4 that's important. I didn't see that in this survey, so I suspect
    that they're genuinely interested in all the questions (including
    duplicates).

    Jeff Liebermann, Apr 30, 2014
  7. Halley Pontes

    miso Guest

    I certainly hope this wasn't limited to usenet users. I mean, would you want
    to meet a usenet user in a dark alley. Yikes!

    miso, Apr 30, 2014
  8. Well, computers are best done under cover of darkness, so it's likely
    that the target audience of computer addicts and fanatics can best be
    found at night. Unfortunately, building code height limitations and
    backset requirements have all but eliminated dark alleys in Santa
    Cruz. We did have "Pearl Alley" but it closed and was all of maybe 15
    meters long.
    <http://www.yelp.com/biz/pearl-alley-bistro-santa-cruz>
    Not very dark or menacing, and likely not very popular with Usenet
    users due to the lack of power jacks for chargers in the alley.

    Jeff Liebermann, May 1, 2014
  9. Halley Pontes

    Steve Wolf Guest

    Ok. I took the survey and found it very interesting. It's not long and has
    some great questions one could use to "self Evaluate" themselves.

    Regards,
    Steve

    "Halley Pontes" wrote in message

    Greetings everyone,

    I am a Psychology PhD student at Nottingham Trent University (Nottingham,
    United Kingdom) and I wonder if you could give me a hand with my research by
    taking part in my survey.
    It is brief and will not consume all of your time. Please feel free to help
    me, it is a personal and independent project

    Steve Wolf, Jul 3, 2014
  10. Halley Pontes

    amdx Guest

    I didn't take the survey, but I'll bet one conclusion it could make
    is that, 100% of the responders use the internet.

    Mikek

    amdx, Jul 3, 2014
  11. Halley Pontes

    Ant Guest

    Yes, but how many of us are addicted to it like me like I am doing right
    now? [grin] ;)
    --
    Happy Independence Day, AmericANTS! :)
    | |o o| |