    Is it possible to use internet at the same with Lan and WLan. I don't have
    budget to purchase an access point.

    Thankx!

    Guest, Sep 12, 2006

  2. ICS will only work on one network card. So to do what you want to do an
    access point would be the way to go. It is also usally possible to buy a
    wireless router and turn off it's DHCP server, creating an accesspoint.

    David Hettel
    Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices

    David Hettel MVP MobileDevices, Sep 12, 2006

  3. Yes indeed.

    Axel Hammerschmidt, Sep 12, 2006
  4. That is a great article on how to setup ICS on a wireless connection, as I
    understand the OP, he needs to have ICS setup on both a wireless connection
    and a wired connection at the same time. Or he wants to use three network
    cards at one time. ICS does not support this. Plugging an access point into
    the wired LAN would be the easiest way to do what he wants.

    David Hettel MVP MobileDevices, Sep 12, 2006
  5. OK. I understood it differently.

    Axel Hammerschmidt, Sep 12, 2006
  6. Hi
    I do not know where you getting your Internet from, but if your source is
    coming as Wireless through the use of ICS, and you want to use it for an
    additional Wireless Laptop, you would end up with double NAT a very "quirky"
    system if at all. You should consider changing the topology of your
    Network, pending on what is the actual Internet source that you have.
    This page describes few options for Wireless bridging,
    http://www.ezlan.net/bridging.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Sep 13, 2006
  7. Guest

    Guest Guest

    My internet connection is simply dial-up.

    Guest, Sep 13, 2006