    I have Win98SE and HP LaserJet 6L printer with it's own printer driver.

    Thanks
    Roman

    r_mervart, Jun 22, 2005

  2. r_mervart

    why? Guest

    It's been a while since last seeing this error posted in 24HSHD.

    If you search www.google.com or
    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/24hoursupport.helpdesk?

    You will find a few answers and the Microsoft knowledge base articles,

    http://groups-beta.google.com/group...review.dlg&qt_g=1&searchnow=Search+this+group
    or the easier short version http://makeashorterlink.com/?O25F45E4B

    It may be easier for you to search some of the articles as you didn't
    say what version of Internet Explorer (which generated the error) you
    have.
    Me

    why?, Jun 22, 2005

  3. r_mervart

    °Mike° Guest

    Preview.dlg errors when printing
    http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers/35.html

    °Mike°, Jun 22, 2005
  4. r_mervart

    r_mervart Guest

    Sorry, it is IE6

    Roman

    r_mervart, Jun 22, 2005
  5. r_mervart

    why? Guest

    It's okay, did any of the links help?

    See the link Mike posted, it's to a specific article about the issue.
    Me

    why?, Jun 22, 2005
  6. r_mervart

    r_mervart Guest

    Although the description of an error is almost identical there are two
    differences:
    -In my case it is Line: 1047
    -In my case it does not print regardless of the error message

    There seems to be something wrong about the printer driver. When I click on
    Setup within the HP LaserJet 6L Properties I get an error : Could not
    display printer properties, You may need to reinstall this printer - and
    that is what I shall do next. I also noticed now that the Printer driver
    listed in the same window is "Absolutely bogus WPS printer driver" which
    does not sound as something that should be there!

    Roman

    r_mervart, Jun 22, 2005
  7. r_mervart

    why? Guest

    I think that if you read many of the posts / articles you will see the
    line number varies, as well as other parts of the error description.
    Only the SHDOCLC.DLL/preview.dlg remains the same.

    So don't get too caught up in specific parts of the error message.

    Is that printing anything or just the bank stuff?

    Can you install another browser and try printing? However banks seem to
    be funny about non IE browsers.
    I think that's okay, might have seen that before.
    You could always www.google.com , just like this as I couldn't remember-
    http://www.google.com/search?q=Absolutely+bogus+WPS+printer+driver
    and you get,
    Results 1 - 10 of about 312 English pages for
    Absolutely bogus WPS printer driver
    (0.42 seconds)

    Reading a bit more i.e. doing some research
    http://www.genicom.com/drivers/TechNotes/TI/ti-win4-05.htm
    The Bogus Driver code is located in the file WPSFIX32.DLL. This file is
    provided by Microsoft as part of the Microsoft Windows Printing System
    (WPS). The Bogus Driver code can also be found in versions of WPS for
    the Canon BJC-610 and LBP-460, and the HP LaserJet 5L.

    Me

    why?, Jun 22, 2005
  8. r_mervart

    r_mervart Guest

    I have re-installed printer drivers from the original HP diskette and the
    problem
    has gone away - together with The Bogus Driver. As I see it now the original
    HP driver got somehow corrupted and was replaced by this Bogus Driver. Now,
    after the driver re-installation, it shows HP LaseJet 6L as driver in use
    and not
    The Bogus Driver.
    Roman

    r_mervart, Jun 25, 2005