    poker pages and malware sights. Most of them have to do with the scam
    virus producing WinAntivirus pro 2006 and 2007. Any help with this
    prob would be appreciated. I am running AVG 7.5 already.

    Greg Carr, May 5, 2007

  2. Greg Carr

    meerkat Guest

    A place to start G.
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=13136

    meerkat, May 5, 2007

  3. Greg Carr

    Plato Guest

    Have you already run the two best free anti-spyware applications?

    Plato, May 5, 2007
  4. Greg Carr

    Greg Carr Guest

    Greg Carr, May 5, 2007
  5. Greg Carr

    Damian Guest

    Damian, May 5, 2007
  6. AVG has a free "rootkit" detector. Just yesterday, it found a trojan that
    multiple other spyware/anti-virus programs missed on my computer.

    RootKit detector is on their freeware page: http://free.grisoft.com

    Use caution. "Root Kits" involve binders. Binders are chunks of
    malware/spyware code that attach themselves to legitimate core Windows files.

    For example, yesterday, on my computer, AVG's rootkit detector found malware
    attached to the file named: iexplore.exe. That file is Microsoft Internet
    Explorer.

    Use caution when deleting the offensive files. Maybe you already know what
    to do in order to replace core Windows files? If not, and if AVG's RootKit
    Detector finds something, maybe you'd want to post the results here and get
    some advice first?

    There's also another good RootKit detector and it, too, is free:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/utilities/RootkitRevealer.mspx

    Good luck.

    //rus\\

    Meander Holefield, May 6, 2007
  7. Greg Carr

    Greg Carr Guest

    Ye I used the root kit as well.Things are a lot better but I still get
    some pop-ups.The things I deleted did not hurt my system in the
    slightest.

    Greg Carr, May 7, 2007