    I need my internet explorer because it supports the web pages that I need to
    view. And this spyware stuff just bogs down my computer. It's driving me
    nuts. What can I do?

    Chris Richardson, Sep 8, 2004

  2. If you'll look through some of the messages to this group, a rather
    large percentage are about spyware, browser hijackings and viruses. You
    need to get rid of this type of crap on your computer. Update and run
    all of these:

    Adaware (antispyware)
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com

    Spybot Search and Destroy (antispyware)
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/

    CWShredder (removes Cool Web Search)
    http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/10/17/10-17-150.shtml

    Trend Housecall Antivirus
    http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/start_frame.asp

    AVG Antivirus
    http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 8, 2004

  3. Chris Richardson

    ski Guest

    Dear Chris Richardson

    Download free from the Internet, a program called "Spybot". It's a
    really great program and can be used in easy mode or - for the more
    technically able - an advanced mode. It's recently been updated and
    has a lot of good new features. For the socially-minded - there's a
    facility to make a voluntary contribution - but no features are denied
    if you choose not to.

    regards,
    ski

    ski, Sep 8, 2004
  4. Chris Richardson

    DC Guest

    You can start by taking the Boulder Pledge. Then, dump IE. Like OE, IE
    is nothing other than a GUI installer for all manner of malware.

    http://www.mozilla.org/

    DC, Sep 14, 2004
  5. Chris Richardson

    Old Gringo Guest

    Again all I can say is Thank You. Firefox is fantastic.

    Old Gringo, Sep 14, 2004
  6. Chris Richardson

    DC Guest

    Of course. }:O)