    After browsing random pages from my favorites and not from my favorites, after a while appears a small blue squarish dot in the corner of one of my favorites folders.

    I cannot access my favorites beyond that point, and I must close and reopen IE9 to clear the problem. My favorites are once more accessible.

    I posted this question several years ago and recieved no suggestions as to what is causing it, so I'll ask again and hope for better luck this time.

    thekmanrocks, Jun 6, 2013

  2. thekmanrocks

    Robert Baer Guest

    Perfect solution, do NOT use the Insipid Exasperator!
    Use Firefox!

    Robert Baer, Jun 7, 2013

  3. thekmanrocks

    thekmanrocks Guest

    ___________________

    I know my description of what appears is lacking. Are you familiar with what I'm talking about?

    Go to your favorites right now. Hover over a folder. Envision a small "square" - slightly begger than a period, in the lower RH corner of that field. You are not allowed to branch out of that folder into the bookmarks within.

    Closing and reopening IE8 & 9 remedy it for me.

    thekmanrocks, Jun 7, 2013
  4. thekmanrocks

    Robert Baer Guest

    I do not doubt what you say.
    I have not only refused to use Insipid Exasperator since version 5, i
    ripped it out (kicking and screaming sometimes) of each OS to date.
    Each version has had problems, some nasty, some insolvable by users.
    OE is FAR worse; in most OSes, it is truly impossible to rip out -
    but at least access can be removed. How would you like to have all of
    your (mailed) photos and correspondence "lost" forever? "Lost" means
    those megabytes are in the database but there is absolutely no way to
    get at them.
    Just refuse to use such "perfect" software.

    Robert Baer, Jun 7, 2013