Internet Connection Sharing over wireless network with Dialup

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Dan Orth, Jul 14, 2004.

  1. Dan Orth

    Dan Orth Guest

    Hi-

    I have the Linksys WRT54GS Wireless G Router set up at my home with my
    desktop and my laptop on the network. My desktop is connected to the
    Internet using Dialup and I would like to share this over the wireless
    network. I have already performed the steps in Part A here -
    http://linksys.custhelp.com/cgi-bin...DI9JnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9SUNT&p_li=
    and have gotten my laptop and desktop to see each other over the network and
    share files fine. I have ICS on on my dialup connection on my desktop and I
    ran the Network Setup Wizard to tell my laptop I connect through another
    computer but that is where I seem to run into trouble. I don't see anything
    different when I do that and so far nothing has changed and it currently
    doesn't work. I am using Windows XP Home on the Desktop and Windows XP Pro
    on the laptop.
    I would really appreciate any help here as this has been troubling me for a
    while. Thanks in advance!

    -Dan

    Dan Orth, Jul 14, 2004