Internet connection sharing and terminal services

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Lisa, Nov 18, 2004.

  1. Lisa

    Lisa Guest

    I have a client that has a store in another city. They run a specialized
    application that only communicates via Netbeui. I've tried all the
    different types of VPN configurations that "allow" Netbuei over TCP/IP to no
    avail.

    They can't get DSL or Cable internet at this location. They can get
    wireless...but may be moving it in two months, so they don't want to spend
    $900 for the initial setup until they know what is going to happen.

    So...what is being attempted...

    I have setup a Windows 2K box and installed internet connection sharing
    through dial up...yuk. That is all working fine, and the other computers
    are online. BUT...they can't do Terminal Services. It times out. (I have
    a 2k server setup in application mode on the other end) The primary dial up
    PC can access terminal services just not the others. They are all able to
    make an outgoing connection for my remote access software (so I can see
    their desktop).

    Any thoughts? I have a really bad headache today...so forgive me if I left
    out any vital data....

    Lisa

    Lisa, Nov 18, 2004

  2. Lisa

    John Holmes Guest

    NOTE: This message was sent thru a mail2news gateway.
    No effort was made to verify the identity of the sender.

    Lisa came up with this:
    Dump ICS and get a router.

    John Holmes, Nov 18, 2004