    nothing has worked. I would appreciate any help. I am using Windows 98
    Second Edition, Internet Explorer 5, ( I was using Internet Explorer 6, but
    reverted back to old version in hope of solving problem. Thanks.

    Rodger Belger, Nov 7, 2003

  2. Rodger Belger

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Sounds to me like the modem may be going out. See if you can get a temp
    modem to see if the problem continues.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Nov 8, 2003

  3. I installed a new modem, and the problem remained. I have noticed that
    something seems to be keeping track of the time I am on the internet. For
    instance, I stay online for lets say 20 minutes, then disconnect. I go
    online later in the day, and after 10 minutes, I get the same error (Page
    cannot be displayed) as when I did when I stayed online for 30 minutes. If
    I stay online for 5 minutes, and then go back on later for 25 minutes the
    same thing happens. As I mentioned in my first post, if I reboot, I get to
    connect for 30 minutes. I would appreciate any suggestions.

    delayed reaction, Nov 8, 2003
  4. Rodger Belger

    Duane Arnold Guest

    I would make a note of the IP that has been assigned by the ISP when you
    first logon, by using IPCONFIG at the Command line.

    And then when the problem happens, use IPCONFIG to see if you still have
    a vaild IP. It's a shot.

    It could be that you have some kind of malware running on the machine too
    that could be doing something.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Nov 9, 2003