Internet connectin sharing not installed?

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by Prima123, Oct 1, 2006.

  1. Prima123

    Prima123

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi, i recently had a malware attack that i've all cleared up but i cant get Internet Connection Sharing going on my home network again.

    The two computers are hooked up fine but when i try to apply "Allow other network user's to connect through this computer's network connection" it fails with the error "The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

    I'm 90% sure that all the neccesary windows services are running, what i'm not sure about is whether i should have a service named ICF/ICS or SharedAccess, because i have neither. Some websites say they are only in certain versions of Windows and were added or removed with service packs. I'm totally lost at this point.:???:

    I scoured around for ways to reinstall ICS but found nowhere dealing with this problem, also windows XP CD did nothing.

    I'm running Windows XP sp2 and its a broadband line i'm trying to share(don't know if that makes a difference).

    Any help would be much appreciated.:hmm2:

    Prima123, Oct 1, 2006

  2. Prima123

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    I nether have those services running although i am on non SP windows.
    Although make sure u have this service running: "Network Connections"

    unholy, Oct 2, 2006

  3. Prima123

    Prima123

    Joined: