Internal Card Reader for 1GB XD picture cards?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by HerHusband, Sep 17, 2005.

  1. HerHusband

    HerHusband Guest

    Does anyone know of an internal card reader (to fit a 3.5" or 5.25" drive
    bay) that will accomodate 1GB XD picture cards (running on Windows XP).

    I bought a reader (http://www.xpcgear.com/16in1fceplte.html) that claimed
    to be compatible with XD cards, but it won't work with my 1GB XD card. I
    can "copy" files from the card, but if I try to "delete" or "move" a file,
    the drive locks up. Occasionally, this wipes the card and I have to
    reformat the card in my camera (Fuji F10). Windows XP won't format the card
    either.

    I'm using the default Windows XP driver. I tried to locate newer drivers,
    but the reader doesn't have a brand name anywhere on it or the packaging,
    so I couldn't find anything. It looks very similar to one made by Bytec. I
    emailed them, but doubt I'll hear a response.

    Anyway, I need an XD compatible reader, that can handle 1GB XD cards, with
    a beige faceplate, and ideally a front USB connector too. Oh, and it should
    be USB 2.0.

    The card works fine in my Fuji F10 camera, and I can transfer files easily
    using the USB cables. But, it's a hassle having to hook up all those cables
    every time I want to transfer pictures.

    Any recommendations?

    Thanks,

    Anthony