    apartment or something? this just seems to be a really common problem and
    there has to be a fix somewhere!
    Greg

    Guest, Oct 3, 2004

  2. Guest

    Dave Guest

    try changing channels.

    Dave, Oct 3, 2004

  3. Guest

    TW Guest

    I have both, WLan and 2.4ghz phone. It seems to me that the phone takes the
    interference and doesn't affect the network at all.

    TW, Oct 3, 2004
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Ive tried all the channels. also all my drivers are up to date and i have SP2

    Guest, Oct 3, 2004
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    wow really? first time ive heard about that happening

    Guest, Oct 3, 2004
  6. Guest

    Jeff Durham Guest

    Check your SSID. If you are using something like "linksys", you should
    change it. It is possible that your neighbors have also installed wireless
    and using the same SSID. Also, make sure you are broadcasting your SSID.
    Some people think that this is a security hole, but it is not. Just make
    sure though that you are using WEP or WPA which does provide security.

    Jeff

    Jeff Durham, Oct 4, 2004
  7. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I have the same problem!
    Did any of the fixes suggested work?
    Alfredo

    Guest, Oct 5, 2004
  8. Guest

    HubSwitch Guest

    Have you tried the following:

    UN-CHECK "enable IEEE 802.1x authentication for this
    network" in the network properties box for your connection?

    This often gets over looked.... hey ho....

    HubSwitch

    HubSwitch, Oct 5, 2004