  1. Merv

    Merv Guest

    not possible on the layer Ethernet switching module

    Merv, Oct 4, 2005

  2. Merv

    Merv Guest

    not possible on the layer 2 Ethernet switching module that OP clearly
    has

    Merv, Oct 4, 2005

  3. Merv

    Cen Guest

    Not sure whether his module is the same as mine. I have a 16-port
    Etherswitch module that plugs into my 2811 and it supports routed mode.

    Cen, Oct 5, 2005
  4. Merv

    Merv Guest

    I see that Cisco has introduced a new feature that provides the
    functionality you described. Perhaps the OP needs an IOS upgrade to be
    able to use this functionality.

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2643/products_qanda_item09186a00802c9e7a.shtml#qa3

    Q. Can you configure a port on the EtherSwitch module as a routed port?

    A. With the release of Cisco IOS® Software Releases 12.2(15)ZJ and
    12.3(4)T,
    you can assign an IP address directly to ports of the EtherSwitch
    module.
    This feature makes those ports Layer 3 (L3) or routed ports.
    These ports cannot receive a DHCP address, and the ports do not support
    subinterfaces.
    L3 traffic on the routed ports still requires that the traffic utilize
    the platform routing engine.
    No L3 switching occurs on the blade. You can use all routing protocols
    in conjunction with this feature.
    This configuration serves as an example:

    interface FastEthernet1/0
    no switchport
    ip address 172.16.1.0

    255.255.0.0

    Merv, Oct 5, 2005
  5. Merv

    Bartosz Piec Guest

    I have IOS 12.3(11)T3, but I can't do this. Why?

    Bartosz Piec, Oct 5, 2005
  6. Merv

    Merv Guest

    post the product code from the Ethernet switching module in your router

    Merv, Oct 5, 2005