Interesting product - Bottle tripod

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Brian Sullivan, Jul 20, 2004.

  1. Brian Sullivan, Jul 20, 2004

  2. Brian Sullivan

    Helge Olsen Guest

    Helge Olsen, Jul 20, 2004

  3. I guess ;-) -- still an interesting product though. Wish I had one right
    now.

    Brian Sullivan, Jul 20, 2004
  4. Brian Sullivan

    John Bean Guest

    John Bean, Jul 20, 2004
  5. I cringe when I see it, actually. Bottles are top-heavy enough,
    without any cameras, and almost never have flat bases.

    I picture this tumbling off of the table about three seconds after
    the timer is tripped, shattering the camera case on the ground, then
    flooding it with Mountain Dew from the cracked cap...

    Get a mini-tripod, they're about $20.

    - Al.

    Al Denelsbeck, Jul 20, 2004
  6. Brian Sullivan

    Bob Williams Guest

    Pretty novel concept......BUT
    The fitting has no Ball Joint to permit adjusting the angle.
    That would make it a lot more useful.
    I guess you could just use a coffee cup, a glass, a book, or similar
    stable platform without ANY fitting if you are willing to forego
    adjusting the angle......Bob Williams

    Bob Williams, Jul 20, 2004
  7. Brian Sullivan

    Paul H. Guest

    Hmmm... notice how the picture makes the camera itself look like the head of
    a hammer. Complete the scene by tipping the bottle/camera combo with its
    high center of gravity. Ouch. Bye-bye camera, hello "nail insertion tool."

    Paul H., Jul 21, 2004
  8. Brian Sullivan

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Ron Hunter, Jul 21, 2004
  9. Brian Sullivan

    nikki Guest

    Oh Yeah, Great Idea.
    Just wait till you dollar bottle of pop tips over and breaks your $500
    camera. You will wonder how you ever got along without your soda pop
    tippod, I mean tripod.
    nikki

    nikki, Jul 21, 2004
  10. Brian Sullivan

    Ron Hunter Guest

    One would need to be careful, of course. Not quite the thing for
    unattended shooting, but should work well to raise the camera off a
    table, rock, etc., if attended.

    Ron Hunter, Jul 21, 2004
  11. For 10 bucks more, you can get a mini tripod that actually has 3 legs
    and a ballhead. For a couple of bucks or less you can build a bottle
    cap attachment for your camera, all you need is a 1/4-20 screw and
    nut, a couple of washers, maybe some rubberized material, and a drill.

    BJJB

    BillyJoeJimBob, Jul 21, 2004