    I'm very curious what is changed between Fedora 14 and Fedora 18 to give UDP such a different behaviour, and is it the future of UDP implementation?

    Thanks
    FRW

    freeman.wang, Jul 8, 2014

  2. freeman.wang

    Rick Jones Guest

    My experience with netperf and its UDP_STREAM test is that Linux has
    had "intra stack" flow control for a Very Long Time (tm). If the
    process tried to send outbound UDP traffic faster than the link could
    send it, it would get flow-controlled. From time to time there may
    have been bugs in that where it might get broken of course...

    rick jones

    Rick Jones, Jul 8, 2014