    look, with the traditional buttons Firefox users have grown used to
    appearing translucent until you hover your mouse near them, and they fill
    in. This gives the buttons a shine, as though they are glowing.>>

    History Fan, Sep 27, 2006

  2. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    Got this info from Cnet.com, discussing FF 2 RC1:
    New video at cnet.com explains the above comments and more:
    http://reviews.cnet.com/Firefox_2_RC1/4505-9241_7-32085023.html?tag=cnetfd.mt

    History Fan, Sep 27, 2006

  3. History Fan

    Moo Guest

    I'd hope for more in an update than shiny buttons....

    Moo, Sep 28, 2006
  4. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    I'd hope for more in an update than shiny buttons....

    From cnet.com:

    Live titles
    Also known as Microsummaries, these titles appear in your bookmark section
    instead of as a static title. For example, the BBC's bookmark appears with
    the latest headline. Web sites generate the content and, like RSS does, feed
    them out to end users. So instead of seeing a bookmark www.weather.com,
    you'll see a line that says Ten-day forecast for San Francisco.
    Built in phishing protection
    With Firefox 2, you'll be protected against fraudulent sites. Should you
    stray onto a fraudulent bank or PayPal site, Firefox will alert you by
    graying out the page and displaying a dialog box. In our tests, however, we
    found that add-on toolbars outperformed the built-in antiphishing technology
    within Firefox 2 and even that of Microsoft's upcoming Internet Explorer 7.
    Note: the antiphishing toolbar from Netcraft does not currently work with
    Firefox 2, but it works fine with Firefox 1.5.

    Inline spelling checker
    We've previously called this out, but Firefox 2 will have an inline
    spell-check function that will indicate words you may have misspelled and
    make suggestions for replacement words. This is handy if you post to online
    forums.

    Also included in Firefox 2 are enhancements to RSS feeds, the ability to
    resume your last session--complete with open tabs (useful in the event of a
    browser crash), and enhanced search-engine capabilities, such as word
    suggestions from the search engine of your choice. Check back to read our
    full review in late October when the final version of Firefox 2 is released.

    History Fan, Sep 29, 2006
  5. History Fan

    Moo Guest

    Ooooh.. be still my heart...