    a.. Over 500 of those fixes focused on security.

    None of my 27 issues have been fixed, I wonder who their customers really
    are??

    Clayton, Dec 13, 2007

  2. SP1 for what? Certainly not XP Pro x64 since it released at service pack
    level one in the first place (2005). Do you mean SP2 or are you referring
    to another 64-bit Windows OS entirely?

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 13, 2007

  3. Clayton

    Clayton Guest

    Sorry that would be Vista ofcourse

    Clayton, Dec 13, 2007
  4. Clayton

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Colin:
    Welcome back. Hope all is well. Have a great day.

    Dennis Pack, Dec 13, 2007
  5. Clayton

    R. C. White Guest

    Yes, Colin!

    As Dennis said: Welcome back! We've missed you.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Dec 13, 2007
  6. Clayton

    XS11E Guest

    Ditto. Now to address the OP.

    Clayton said:
    Why would you expect a service pack to fix anything? That's NOT WHAT
    SERVICE PACKS DO, DAMMIT! Sorry for shouting but any newbie *should*
    know that SPs are rollups of previously issued patches, fixes, etc. If
    your machine is properly updated almost everything in the service pack
    will *already* be installed.

    And any newbie *should* know that if you have 27 issues, you needed to
    fix each and every one of them BEFORE installing the service pack.

    So let's start by, first, removing the service pack and, second,
    addressing each issue here.

    Your first issue is: ????

    XS11E, Dec 13, 2007
  7. Hey, Colin Good to see you. Hope all is well, or at least moving in that
    direction.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 13, 2007
  8. Clayton

    Jane C Guest

    Welcome back Colin :)

    Clayton is referring to SP1 for Vista. The RC has just gone public.

    Jane C, Dec 13, 2007
  9. Clayton

    Clayton Guest

    XS11E
    Then what do rollups do? every update is a fix being either individual or
    integrated into a services pack, there are many fixes in this SP that has
    not been released on Windows Update

    Please don't make me look silly, I have been around Windows since 3.1

    Clayton, Dec 13, 2007
  10. Clayton

    Carlos Guest

    Hey, Colin!
    Nice to have you back.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Dec 13, 2007
  11. Clayton

    XS11E Guest

    List them, please.
    I didn't, you did that.

    XS11E, Dec 13, 2007
  12. Clayton

    Clayton Guest

    Clayton, Dec 13, 2007
  13. Clayton

    XS11E Guest

    You were NOT "only passing on the news", you were whining that SP1
    didn't magically fix your problems.

    Quoting you: "None of my 27 issues have been fixed"

    If you want fixes for your problems, ask.

    If you want to whine, go away and stop bothering folks here who are
    trying to help those people who do ask for fixes, OK?

    XS11E, Dec 13, 2007
  14. Clayton

    Clayton Guest

    I would suggest you read the original post in it's entirety before you start
    making comments like that

    Clayton, Dec 14, 2007
  15. Clayton

    XS11E Guest

    I did, did you? My comments stand as they were appropriate to the
    situation.

    XS11E, Dec 14, 2007
  16. Hi, Dennis. I thought I would ease back into things a bit and see how I
    hold up. Thanks for the greeting.

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 14, 2007
  17. Hi, RC.

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 14, 2007
  18. Progressing nicely.

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 14, 2007
  19. Hi, Carlos.

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 14, 2007
  20. Clayton

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Colin:
    I like your terminology "Progressing nicely", hopefully in the near
    future I can borrow it. I was in remission from December, 2006 until
    September, 2007. I was at the point where I was starting to get some energy
    back but being back in chemo-therapy eliminates most energy and is harder on
    the system the second time. Since I have my voice back I'm working 24 hours
    a week and having chemo-therapy, I would rather be back working 40 hours
    without chemo-therapy. Maybe next year but I won't set a goal because every
    time I set a goal it goes the other direction. The last goal that I set was
    being back to work full time October 1, 2007, instead I started chemo in
    September, 2007. Currently my key terminology is "It' better than the
    alternative". Have a great day.

    Dennis Pack, Dec 15, 2007