Interesting Discovery: Changing volume via "break out box knob" does not prevent the screen saver fr

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Skybuck Flying, Jan 3, 2008.

  1. In other words:

    1. I was away from the PC.

    2. I came back and changed the volume via the "break out box - volume knob"

    3. A few seconds later Windows still went into the screen saver mode.

    (If I had moved the mouse it would have not done that.)

    The volume knob also trickers a volume display.

    (One drawback with the volume knob is I can't see the volume level on the
    hardware itself, I need the visual display, that kinda sux a bit, I rather
    have hardware display volume levels, more easy to see especially during
    games and such when the volume display will flicker etc)

    Back to the story, so the point is: Windows a bit inconsitent here:

    Mouse and keyboard inputs do prevent screen saver, other inputs like volume
    knob do not.

    Ha-ha ! ;)

    Bye,
    Skybuck ;)