    I knew that topic would get your attention. Today we went to visit a big flower in Washington DC, at the Botanical Gardens. This is the Titan Arum flower, which blooms once every few years after the plant has gathered sufficient energy. It's a native of Sumatra, Indonesia. The other picture was taken in my office cubicle. Notice the screensaver? Notice the monitor? That's my monitor, a 21" IBM CRT which has a Sony Trinitron flatscreen. I bought this one for about $250 at the computer show earlier this year, and it's been a big improvement over the cheap 17" CRT's they have us using.

    [​IMG][​IMG]

    Last edited: Nov 21, 2005
    bigal, Nov 21, 2005

  2. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Audry II? :)

    Noticing the screensaver. :)

    Feed Him Semour!

    The Modfather, Nov 21, 2005

  3. bigal

    Ian Administrator

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2005
    Messages:
    1,220
    Likes Received:
    9
    Is that the flower that smells of rotten eggs and only blooms for a day?

    Ian, Nov 21, 2005
  4. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Al, can i ummm.... maybe have ur work table :D and everything on it except the paper, you can keep those :D

    hehe it does look like u had a fabulous day :D ps nice screen saver :D

    unholy, Nov 21, 2005
  5. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Yes, that's the flower. It smells more like rotting flesh. It's supposed to attract certain beetles that look for that rotting flesh to lay their eggs.

    bigal, Nov 23, 2005
  6. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Ah, just what the world needs, more things that stink and draw bugs!

    The Modfather, Nov 23, 2005
  7. bigal

    unholy

    Joined: