    highest setting. The point is this: I never use MSIE. I ALWAYS use
    Firefox. So, how/why did a setting in MS Crapola Browser affect my
    downloading with Firefox 3.5.2?

    fred.what'[email protected]?, Sep 19, 2009

  2. In very simplistic terms:

    Because most of what IE is (for the most part) is actually Windows.
    I can set those "sliders" via the Internet Options part of my Control Panel,
    wihout ever opening IE.

    Data comes in, Windows analyzes it, decides what to do with it based on
    those sliders, rejects/blocks some of it, and passes the rest on to whatever
    browser you happen to be using, for further processing and display.

    If Windows has been told "Don't accept xyz-type data", it will never make it
    to IE / FireFox / Opera / Netscape / OffByOne or anything else.

    MasterBlaster, Sep 22, 2009