Intellipoint & Intellitype 7 for Vista & Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Dominic Payer, Jun 19, 2009.

  1. Dominic Payer, Jun 19, 2009

  2. Dominic Payer

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Dominic.

    Thank you!

    My Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 6000 has some issues with versions 6.3,
    which I've reported to Microsoft and they are working on. Maybe these new
    drivers will cure them.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Jun 20, 2009

  3. Dominic Payer

    Carlos Guest

    R.C.,
    Most of my (old) Wireless Desktop 6000 issues have been hardware related.
    I think this is the third, or fourth, motherboard that I use with it and
    have had different issues and my issues have changed from mobo to mobo.
    Luckily, my current mobo, has no issues with my wireless set. It is a
    Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3.
    Issues I have had:
    - Keyboard/Mouse freezing, had to press reset. Keyboard/Mouse would not work
    during the following boots, but would work within the OS.
    Workaround: Power off completely, unplug USB for a while. Plug everythig
    back. Power on.
    - Keyboard/Mouse always not working during boot when connected to USB. Had
    to use the PS/2 adaptar.
    - And the list goes on.
    Now all those issues are gone for good with my last motherboard.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jun 20, 2009
  4. Dominic Payer

    Kue2 Guest

    Excellent!!

    Kue2, Jun 20, 2009
  5. Dominic Payer

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Carlos.

    I've had some of those issues. My mobo/CPU was new in December 2006, when I
    rebuilt my system to install the new Vista RTM:
    Mobo: EPoX MF570sli - Sadly, EPoX has gone out of business in the 2 years
    since.
    BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG, 8/1/2006
    CPU: Processor AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+, 2612 Mhz, 2
    Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

    And my mouse/keyboard are both Microsoft Wireless Laser 6000; mouse says
    v.2.0, keyboard v.3.0. See below.
    Yes, I've had that a few times. :>(
    Reset seems to have fixed everything for me. Of course, I lost whatever I
    was working on when it froze.
    My original 6000 desktop used the older (RF? I'm not well-versed in
    wireless technology.) transceiver at the end of a wire from the USB plug;
    there was a PS/2 adapter on the end of a "Y" cable, but that seldom was
    plugged in since it didn't seem to do anything for me. That mouse died and
    MSFT replaced it with the v.2.0 mouse - with the 2.4 GHz transceiver - see
    next paragraph. But that meant that I had to keep TWO USB systems working -
    the old one for the keyboard and the new one for the mouse. So I bought the
    whole new desktop set.

    The new desktop set is v.2.0, I think, but it doesn't say that on the box;
    it says "Aero Edition Keyboard/Mobile Laser Mouse". (Can't those Microsoft
    marketers ever describe the same hardware the same way twice?) It uses the
    newer 2.4 GHz wireless, which actually does not have a wire at all. The
    little transceiver is just a small USB key with a button on its side to sync
    with similar buttons on the mouse and keyboard. It works great - except for
    these two issues:

    1. Narcolepsy. The keyboard goes to sleep as I'm typing. The fix is
    simply to wait for about 1 to 2 minutes, and it wakes up and continues as
    though nothing happened. The mouse usually continues to work during this
    keyboard nap. But on rare occasions, the mouse sleeps, too - or maybe both
    mouse and keyboard have died. As you said, they "freeze" and only a Reset
    gets them going again.

    The workaround is to move the USB transceiver from the mobo port on the back
    of the computer to a port on a hub, which is a foot or two closer to the
    keyboard. But...see #2.

    2. Unresponsive during boot-up. So I can't select from the startup OS menu
    because the USB drivers haven't been loaded yet.

    The workaround is to move the USB transceiver from the 4-port hub to a port
    on the back of the computer, connected directly to the mobo. But...see #1.

    I installed the new 7.0 drivers last night, as I said. But this morning,
    when I rebooted to test, the keyboard was NOT working during startup. And,
    while typing this message, the keyboard DID go to sleep several times.

    So I’m back to where I was yesterday with the 6.3 driver set. :>(

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Jun 20, 2009
  6. Dominic Payer

    Carlos Guest

    R.C.,
    When I said "old" I did mean it.
    Keyboard (model 1027) is 1.0A, mouse (model 1052) doesn't say anythig about
    the version except for the fact that it was manufactured September 2005!
    Receiver is 3.0A, a big one, as if you had an elliptical (not round) burger.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jun 20, 2009
  7. Keyboard and mouse not working after the POST screen but before boot
    begins, if that is what you are experiencing, is a BIOS problem. I have
    had this myself and a BIOS update cured it.

    Dominic Payer, Jun 20, 2009
  8. Dominic Payer

    Jerry Guest

    The Win7 software does not recognize my Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro; had
    no problems though with an IntelliMouse Explorer.

    Jerry, Jun 20, 2009
  9. Dominic Payer, Jun 20, 2009
  10. Dominic Payer

    R. C. White Guest

    Update...

    After powering down for a couple of hours, on restart, the USB keyboard was
    working in time for me to select from the OS menu. ;<)

    But the keyboard still goes to sleep in the middle of typing a word. :>(

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Jun 21, 2009
  11. Dominic Payer, Jun 21, 2009
  12. Dominic Payer

    Jerry Guest

    The Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro uses both USB and PS2 connections and I
    have both connected. When I went to the download site to download the
    software the keyboard was on the list; when I started the install routine
    and was given a list of keyboards to selecte from the Natural Keyboard Pro
    is not listed.

    Jerry, Jun 22, 2009
  13. Dominic Payer, Jun 22, 2009
  14. Dominic Payer

    Gary Mount Guest

    Installing this software on my Windows 7 machine disables some buttons on my
    Media Center remote control unit. Specifically, the skip forward and back
    buttons no longer function after installing Intellipoint/Intellitype.

    Gary Mount, Jun 23, 2009
  15. Dominic Payer

    Jerry Guest

    Who said it's unwise to have both connected? The owner's manual say both are
    to be connected.

    Jerry, Jun 23, 2009
  16. You're right about plugging both in. However, if Microsoft no longer
    publishes software to support the Natural Keyboard Pro in Vista nor
    Windows 7 you can't expect it to function properly. Although it's
    Microsoft's fault, it's neither a Windows Vista nor Windows 7 fault
    because you don't have the necessary software drivers for it to work.

    Bobby Johnson, Jun 23, 2009
  17. Dominic Payer

    Jerry Guest

    Did you not read all the postings? I mentioned that when I went to the
    downloda page my model was listed; therefore the software should work.
    Period.

    Jerry, Jun 24, 2009
  18. Apparently you didn't read the whole page. There is no software listed
    to support the Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro after Windows XP. That
    means there currently is no software to support it on Vista or Win 7!

    What do you not understand about no software for Vista or Win 7?

    Bobby Johnson, Jun 24, 2009
  19. Bobby Johnson, Jun 24, 2009
  20. Dominic Payer, Jun 25, 2009