    Please reply to '' as well as the group.

    Thanks,

    Steven

    DFA Tucson, Nov 29, 2009

  2. Hi
    The USB port on most Wireless Router (including this one) is Not a
    substitute to a general Computer USB port. It mainly serve one purpose
    acting as NAS (Network Access Storage) when a regular HD or USB flash drive
    are attached to it. Some e of this port can also act as Printer server.
    Thus any data that can be saved to a Hard Drive can be saved to it too.
    Some specific duties of the Primary OS Drive (usually C:\)would be assigned
    to this drive.
    If you can assign the Video stream to any other drive that does not run the
    Video application then this drive would do it too.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

    Jack [MVP-Networking], Dec 1, 2009

  3. DFA Tucson

    world2steven Guest

    Hi Jack,

    Thanks for the reply. I interpret your reply as saying "What's the
    point? You could just as easily cache the incoming video stream on a
    computer hard drive."

    In fact, most viewers and devices like my Internet-enabled Blue-Ray
    DVD player probably already DO use some caching. I guess my point is
    that for the Blue-Ray DVD player, the allocated cache memory is almost
    surely not enough to insure no delays ever occur. If you could build
    the intelligence in to the router so the data is just sitting there on
    the network cache device, would this make for faster, uninterrupted
    access? Or by the time you do the I/O for retrieval would it be just
    as fast to get the data directly from the Internet?

    thanks,

    Steven

    P.S. I didn't see your reply in my gmail and just stumbled across it
    here - the reason I took so long to respond. Can you send a copy of
    your correspondence to ""? Thanks again.

    world2steven, Dec 5, 2009