Intel: the ups and downs of IDF at bit-tech.net

Discussion in 'Front Page News' started by Silverstrand, Mar 12, 2006.

  1. Silverstrand

    Silverstrand

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2005
    Messages:
    1,949
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    We have a couple of big analysis pieces hot off the press from IDF today. In the first, we cover how Intel has been talking about how DTCP-IP, a standard it is promoting, will enable the next generation of digital content in the home. We explain why Intel's strategy for content protection is flawed, and why DRM will result in a bad experience for people like us.

    In the second, we establish that the Core microarchitecture is at the heart of Intel's plans to regain the desktop performance crown. We delve into white papers to find out just exactly what Core is, and how it will affect performance.

    Quote: "DTCP-IP is no different, based as it is on the above architecture. This is something Intel admits: "The industry is not going to be able to stop any rogue attempt to do this," I was told today. "The attempt is to be fair and to respect digital rights and protect them to the best of our ability. To say that this is so rock solid it will never be broken... that's a silly answer to give.""

    Link: http://www.bit-tech.net/bits/2006/03/09/idf_spring_2006_content_index/1.html

    Silverstrand, Mar 12, 2006