    Any idea? Or anywhere which i can seek help?

    Thanks.

    Albert

    albertleng, Sep 16, 2006

  2. albertleng

    Malke Guest

    Perhaps you toggled it off. IIRC, Dell laptops use a keypress to toggle
    wireless on/off. I don't remember if you need to press FN in
    combination with the key or not. Refer to your laptop manual.

    Malke

    Malke, Sep 16, 2006

  3. albertleng

    Rich Guest

    that was my first thought as well, albert. if you can't find the
    keypress combo try right clicking the intel ICON in the system try to
    make sure that the radio is turned on (it might say 'wireless' instead
    of 'radio').

    73,
    rich, n9dko

    Rich, Sep 16, 2006
  4. albertleng

    albertleng Guest

    Thanks all... i've solved it.

    i'm not sure about the "fn" key but i did manually trigger it on by
    going to "Intel ProSet Wireless"

    albertleng, Sep 16, 2006
  5. albertleng

    ajent Guest

    I have that wireless adapter in my laptop DV4165CL from HP and I do have the
    blue toggle button on the computer. When I push it, it will light up for
    about 15 seconds, then turn back off. When I updated the driver from windows
    update it worked until I restarted. Now it's back to the same thing.

    Did you have to download software for that Intel ProSet wireless or did it
    come with your laptop?
    Thanks

    ajent, Sep 16, 2006
  6. albertleng

    albertleng Guest

    Dear ajent,

    The Intel ProSet Wireless comes with my laptop

    albertleng, Sep 17, 2006