Intel(R) Celeron(R) M = First Generation Intel Centrino?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by gz, Nov 4, 2005.

  1. gz

    gz Guest

    Hi there,

    The following processor data is found from system information:

    x86 Family 6 Model 9 Stepping 5 GenuineIntel~1496MHz

    The notebook PC also shows that the processor is Intel(R) Celeron(R) M.

    However, there is a Centrino logo label on the notebook PC.
    The purchase receipt also indicates the processor is Centrino.
    I am wondering why they are different?

    The computer store told me that Intel(R) Celeron(R) M is the First
    Generation Intel Centrino, is it true?

    BTW, How can I verify the L2 Cashe memory size of the processor?

    Thanks?

    gz, Nov 4, 2005

  2. gz

    bmoag Guest

    wysiwyg
    You have an older Celeron processor mounted in an Intel Centrino Chip Set.
    The original centrino chip set was already obsolete before it hit the
    market.
    Do you think you have some hidden jewel there?

    bmoag, Nov 5, 2005

  3. gz

    gz Guest

    I am just want to confirm that the computer store did not cheat me. As I
    noticed all notebook computers with centrino logo sticker do not show
    "Intel(R) Celeron(R) M", instead the "Centrino".
    I hope you understand my question.
    Thanks for your reply! If you can give me more clear answer, I would more
    happier.

    gz, Nov 5, 2005
  4. gz

    Oldus Fartus Guest