Intel Pro/Wireless 2200BG can't find wireless network

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by VAIOOO, Dec 16, 2009.

  1. VAIOOO

    VAIOOO

    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi,

    My wife has this older VAIO and it has Intel 2200BG. One day, it stopped finding wireless network at home. My other computers work fine with the network. So the issue is on this laptop.

    When I sent "ipconfig /all", it showed Media Disconnected. The HW switch is ON. I can also turn it off as well and the light could turn OFF. But Wireless icon on windows tray doesn't change. It just stays not connected.

    I have purchased another 2200BG and installed it but no luck. I have no idea what is wrong with it.

    I checked antenna connection on the 2200BG and they are connected. However, the other end of antenna goes below mother board, so I don't know if they are disconnected or not....

    Any help will be appreciated!!

    TIA

    VAIOOO, Dec 16, 2009