    Core 2 Solo processor" but does that mean it's a dual-core single chip, or
    just a solo CPU and that's it? Under Windows Task Manager, I only see one
    CPU under the Performance tab graph.

    Spin, Sep 30, 2009

  2. Spin

    Dan C Guest

    You don't know how to type "intel core 2 solo" into a Google search?

    Here: http://www.intel.com/products/processor/core2solo/index.htm

    Don't be so friggin helpless. Sheesh.

    Dan C, Sep 30, 2009

  3. Spin

    Spin Guest

    I read the link you sent and thanks..."The Intel Core 2 Solo processor is
    the next generation single-core processor " my confusion resulted from the
    CPU being called both a "Core 2" and "Solo" both in the same sentence. I'm
    still confused by that designation, but at least understand that it is a
    single-core processor.

    Spin, Sep 30, 2009
  4. Spin

    Dan C Guest

    "Core 2" is just the name of the latest processor. It's like "Pentium"
    or "486" in the past. The Solo/Duo/Quad designator tells how many cores
    are in the processor.

    Again, this stuff is easily learned with a *simple* search. Learn how to
    use Google.

    Oh, and learn how to *NOT* top-post on Usenet. It makes you look like a
    n00b and a fool.

    You're welcome.

    Dan C, Sep 30, 2009
  5. Spin

    Spin Guest

    While I could have Googled it, sometimes I just want to post the question
    instead to get insight which may be more revealing and thoughtful then the
    search results. For instance, when you said "Core 2" is just the name of
    the latest processor. It's like "Pentium" or "486" in the past. The
    Solo/Duo/Quad designator tells how many cores are in the processor." that
    was exact quick "straight-talk" I was looking for. I do search on Google,
    but not always...

    Spin, Sep 30, 2009
  6. Spin

    J Guest

    Don't waste yer breath talking to the self-rightous bastard! He should have
    a NG of his own, away from REAL people. Go google that, Dan C.

    J, Sep 30, 2009
  7. Spin

    J Guest

    I know...'I missed out the 'e'....'didn't I Dan! Prick!

    J, Sep 30, 2009
  8. Spin

    J Guest

    ....'still don't get it, do you Dan?

    Yer an ignorant tosser!

    J, Sep 30, 2009
  9. Spin

    gregg Guest

    I think it probably a bit confusing, because it is meant to be misleading.
    Probably merits a future class action suit.

    gregg, Oct 1, 2009