Integrated vs Card Components

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by John Gregory, Oct 20, 2003.

  1. John Gregory

    John Gregory Guest

    Can you folks help me evaluate the Dell system I found listed this morning
    on their website:
    http://outlet.us.dell.com/Dispatche...on 8300&tgtSeg=B&srcType=xml&srcDetail=series

    The machine I think might give me what I need now with room to grow (based
    on discussions here) is System Identifier #EJ8VDJHF

    It's got twice the RAM I've got now, decent speed (800 FSB), enough storage,
    and the ability to burn DVD as well as CD's if I understand the specs
    correctly. (Would appreciate confirmation of that. I may be misreading it.)
    I don't understand that 4x and 16x stuff with reference to the DVD; I know
    it's speed but I don't know if that's fast, slow, or what.

    It has a sound card but from what's been said here, I don't think it's
    anything to get excited about. But... it's probably good enough to carry the
    signal to my receiver and switch that distributes throughout the house (I'm
    not an audiophile but do have a decent system).

    Regarding the video card, the GeForce it comes with sounds like it puts me
    in the gamer class... which is OK. I'm sure it's just a matter of time when
    some business graph sources will be coming to me in three D.

    I'd appreciate any comments on this machine specifically please. Keep in
    mind, I principally multi task Excel, Work, a browser, and have a firewall
    and virus software running constantly. Occasionally, I listen to the radio
    or business conferences that get "streamed"? to the machine... but seem to
    hesitate a second every now and then as though they come to the end of a
    bust.

    John Gregory, Oct 25, 2003

  2. John Gregory

    Michael-NC Guest

    Either you bought it or someone else did. It's not listed.

    Michael-NC, Oct 25, 2003

  3. John Gregory

    John Gregory Guest

    Hummmmm.... THAT was a lesson. You're right. It's no longer there. Someone
    bought it. So.... I guess I start all over again. Damn it! :-(

    John Gregory, Oct 26, 2003