    Is the Integrated sound that comes with a lot of the Dell computers any
    good or would I be better off upgrading to a regular sound card for $100
    more?

    sharonf, Dec 8, 2006

  2. sharonf

    thanatoid Guest

    Unless you are ***seriously*** into music or an *extreme* gamer,
    it's not worth it. The new chips are more than adequate for
    basic use.

    thanatoid, Dec 8, 2006

  3. sharonf

    824 Guest

    As you can see I received no responses to my post but I read yours to
    'sharonf' You are an excellent responsive poster. You gave her germane and
    correct information - if she was a serious and/or extreme user she would
    have already know her answer. You obviously helped a inexperienced user.

    824, Dec 8, 2006
  4. sharonf

    thanatoid Guest

    Well, assuming you are not just being sarcastic in the extreme,
    thank you. (Too bad the OP's almost never thank anyone.)

    I re-DL'd about 500 posts to find and read your post no-one
    responded to. Here's my comment - FWIW:

    I don't use XP but I don't think it's any different AFA the
    wallpaper (what you call "desktop picture") than any other
    Windows. It is a bmp format file usually in the root directory
    of Windows. Find it, see if it's the one you are after, and
    delete it or move it somewhere else.
    Right clicking on any non-icon desktop space and clicking on
    "properties/background" (the terminology may be different in XP)
    usually lets you choose from any bmp picture in Windows or any
    other directory (browse).

    If you already did all this and nothing worked, then you have a
    weird problem I can not help you with.

    thanatoid, Dec 8, 2006
  5. sharonf

    824 Guest

    It's weird alright. I bought my first computer in 1984 and have been hooked
    since. I'm not really a novice but this has me beat. I have done everything
    you suggested and more without success. Thank you for your response.

    824, Dec 8, 2006
  6. sharonf

    Jonno Guest

    As suggested, but most sound cards have extra features and utilities. Google
    "Sound Blaster features"

    Jonno, Dec 8, 2006
  7. sharonf

    sharonf Guest

    Thanks! If I really don't need the upgrade I'd rather put my money
    someplace else.

    sharonf, Dec 8, 2006
  8. sharonf

    beenthere Guest

    Like leave it in your purse for Xmas <g>.

    beenthere, Dec 8, 2006