    bookmarks button on the bottom. I dont need a bookmarks tab just a
    radio button that doesnt cover my navigation buttons.

    3) Why dont themes for firefox work with thunderbird?

    stephen voss, Sep 30, 2004

  2. stephen voss

    .brian. Guest

    Why? Firebird was created to offer a non-integrated browser. That
    would be stupid; create a alternative non-integrated browser/email
    solution, then integrate said solution.

    There's a FF and TB icon on my "quick launch" toolbar in Windows and the
    equivalent area in Gnome/Linux. How hard is it to click that? If you
    want an integrated solution with an "easy to use button", then keep
    using the Mozilla Suite.
    If you dislike someone else's theme, why don't you create one yourself?
    http://www.mozilla.org/catalog/end-user/customizing/themes/ BTW,
    Firefox has the ability to have a "bookmark" button on the toolbar.
    Because they are completely different products.

    .brian., Sep 30, 2004

  3. ..brian responded in his usually adept manner, but here are my 2 cents.

    Firefox 1.0PR now has the option of a Mail button that can be placed on
    the toolbar. If TB is your default mail ap, that button will open TB.
    As FF rolls towards 1.0, there has been a lot of under the hood
    tweaking, that has broken a lot of themes. Many themers are starting to
    catch up now. Try Tools>>Themes>>Get more themes, and you may find that
    some have been added that suir your needs.
    They are completely different aps, with completely different purposes,
    completely different dispaly, completely different sets of icon needs.

    That being said, it used to be possible to install some Mozilla themes
    in FF, since the mail/news component was there. I think scott has it
    rigged now not to allow this, but I suppose you could try.

    Leonidas Jones, Sep 30, 2004