    I would appreciate any insights as to what to do.
    Thanks
    joe

    Route9w, Jul 6, 2004

  2. Route9w

    Boomer Guest

    Maybe read/ask over at:
    http://www.aim.com/index.adp?aolp=

    Boomer, Jul 6, 2004

  3. Route9w

    °Mike° Guest

    Copy/paste the following into notepad and save it as
    a *.reg file. Merge the file into your registry by
    double clicking on it. Note that EVERYTHING between
    the [ and ] MUST be one line only, and there must be a
    blank line at the end.

    =============
    98/ME version:
    =============

    ***** <-- omit this line
    REGEDIT4

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Messenger\Client]
    "PreventRun"=dword:00000001
    "PreventAutoRun"=dword:00000001

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\InstantMessaging]
    "ForceDisableIM"=dword:00000001

    ***** <-- omit this line

    Reboot.

    =============
    XP version:
    =============

    ***** <-- omit this line
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

    °Mike°, Jul 6, 2004
  4. Route9w

    Duane Arnold Guest

    About this Path thing with Xnews, how do you use it and where do you
    implement it in the Add to Score File. Do that the word Path with it too?

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jul 7, 2004
  5. Route9w

    Route9w Guest

    Using XP hOme

    Under the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\-there are
    only Conferencing and System Certificates , so I am unable to locate
    the entries.

    Joe

    Route9w, Jul 7, 2004
  6. Route9w

    °Mike° Guest

    Read my answer again -- I never said find the entries.
    Duh!

    °Mike°, Jul 7, 2004
  7. Route9w

    Route9w Guest

    Duh?

    Now Now, shouldn't lose your nice ways.

    It appeared that the entries would replace existing ones and when I
    did not find them I asked rather than assume.........

    Route9w, Jul 7, 2004
  8. Route9w

    °Mike° Guest

    Yes, duh!
    What makes you think that I have?
    The entries do not exist by default.
    There was no need to assume; I quite clearly stated:
    "Copy/paste the following into notepad and save it as
    a *.reg file. Merge the file into your registry by
    double clicking on it."

    There was no mention of opening your registry editor,
    nor of finding the entries.

    <snip>

    °Mike°, Jul 7, 2004
  9. Route9w