instant message

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Claire Brucker, Dec 21, 2007.

  1. I removed MSN from add/remove with no results. I do not know how to do the
    things that were recommended,

    Claire Brucker, Dec 21, 2007

  2. Claire Brucker

    Lookout Guest

    What did MSN say when you contacted them?

    What did you get on Google when you did a search for "remove MSN
    messenger"?

    Or are you really this stupid?

    Lookout, Dec 21, 2007

  3. Claire Brucker

    Old Gringo Guest

    With a real email address in the headers, your question is answered.
    <g>

    Old Gringo, Dec 21, 2007
  4. Claire Brucker

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 07:28:56 -0500, "Claire Brucker"

    Please quit starting a new thread. Reply to the original 3 threads
    you've created.
    What is "No results"?
    Then reply back and say "I don't know how to do <what you suggested>"
    and SAY what it was the person suggested.

    Evan Platt, Dec 21, 2007
  5. Claire Brucker

    Rôgêr Guest

    Ignore the ones intent on insulting you. See if you can follow the
    instructions here:
    http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=288

    If no luck, post back with as much details about exactly what happened
    as you can. And don't even try to format the hard drive, that was just
    an idiot showing off his ignorance.

    Rôgêr, Dec 21, 2007
  6. I don't think that was ignorance, Roger.

    Blinky the Shark, Dec 22, 2007
  7. Claire Brucker

    Rôgêr Guest

    Ok, that was an idiot showing the degree of his retardation. Howzat?

    Rôgêr, Dec 22, 2007
  8. I got nowhere with your suggestions. I move that we just drop the whole
    thing. First thing in the morning I just exit the messenger icon and go
    gayly on my way.

    Claire Brucker, Dec 22, 2007
  9. Claire Brucker

    Meat Plow Guest

    Just navigate to windows messenger in your program files directory and
    delete the files inside. Make sure you exit the icon first.

    Meat Plow, Dec 22, 2007
  10. Claire Brucker

    Evan Platt Guest

    Apparently so, because the suggestions were, at least a number of
    times, to post more details.
    Works for me.
    Sounds great. Best of luck!

    Evan Platt, Dec 22, 2007
  11. Claire Brucker

    Aardvark Guest

    Huh???

    Aardvark, Dec 23, 2007
  12. Not understanding *anything* that's been suggested, she's probably outta
    here.

    Blinky the Shark, Dec 23, 2007
  13. Claire Brucker

    Aardvark Guest

    Wonder why I'm not surprised.

    Aardvark, Dec 23, 2007
  14. Because none of the suggestions worked for me, I opened up the IM and
    unchecked where is said to start up when I boot and to stay on. I feel the
    computer is now a wee bit faster so I'm satisfied. Now, please stop sending
    me those insulting messages. Some of you. that is.

    Claire Brucker, Dec 23, 2007
  15. Claire Brucker

    Aardvark Guest

    Well I'm glad we got THAT cleared up.
    It'll probably be booting faster as there is one less program starting
    with your system.
    No one has sent you any messages. We (TINW) have been posting to a
    publicly accessible international newsgroup and you have been able to
    view these posts.

    Aardvark, Dec 23, 2007
  16. Claire Brucker

    Evan Platt Guest

    Including the suggestion to reply with WHAT IM you are trying to
    remove, which apparently is a national secret.

    Evan Platt, Dec 23, 2007
  17. TOO TOUGH! MAKE IT SIMPLER! ;)

    Blinky the Shark, Dec 23, 2007