instant message

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Claire Brucker, Dec 20, 2007.

  1. How do you rid your computer of instant message?

    Claire Brucker, Dec 20, 2007

  2. Claire Brucker

    Rôgêr Guest

    Control panel > Add/Remove Programs > Uninstall offending IM program

    Rôgêr, Dec 20, 2007

  3. Claire Brucker

    Dan C Guest

    I'd recommend you just format your hard drive.

    Dan C, Dec 20, 2007

  4. Do NOT add water!

    (Also, say "NO!" to drughs and stay in skoole!)

    http://itc.virginia.edu/desktop/docs/messagepopup/

    --

    http://preview.tinyurl.com/3c4s25

    Best wishes to all for a safe and joyous, mind-numbing, all-organic
    low-carbon-footprint, toxic-emissions-safe, energy-conserving,
    low-interest-rate, (or special-introductory-rate,) hypo-allergenic,
    devoutly-religious, and/or pagan-ritual holiday shopping season!

    Bucky Breeder, Dec 20, 2007
  5. Claire Brucker

    sittingduck Guest

    MSN messenger can be removed via add or remove programs under Add/Remove
    Windows Components.
    But only after you modify the sysoc.inf file.
    Open it up in a text editor, and replace Hide with nothing. (leave the
    Replace With field blank)

    sittingduck, Dec 20, 2007
  6. Claire Brucker

    Lookout Guest

    Monitor your kids better

    Lookout, Dec 20, 2007
  7. The IM isn't listed in the add/remove list.
    And I don't know how to do the couple of things that were recommended like
    formating my hard drive, for instance.

    Claire Brucker, Dec 21, 2007
  8. Claire Brucker

    Evan Platt Guest

    Which IM are you trying to remove?

    Evan Platt, Dec 21, 2007
  9. Please don't say what IM program you mean. I'm sure that's a
    highly-guarded national secret.

    Blinky the Shark, Dec 21, 2007