    asking know what i mean.

    Cheersmate

    eddie

    eddiebhoy, Apr 22, 2004

  2. eddiebhoy

    Boomer Guest

    Hi Eddie

    What IM are you going to use? AOL, Yahoo, MSN, Trillian?
    Each should have a Help site or FAQ site that would be able to answer
    your questions.

    Here's Yahoo's IM 'Help' online.
    http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mesg/index.html

    Boomer, Apr 23, 2004

  3. eddiebhoy

    Scrote Guest

    Easiest answer
    1.Both Sign up for hotmail account & get MS passport www.hotmail.com (
    personally, I read each page in process and make sure that they are not
    sending ANYTHING except info about account)
    2 Outlook Express. From Inbox.Select View/Layout & ensure "Contacts" is
    ticked. OK your way out.
    3.Then From Tools/Options/General tick "Auto logon Windows Messenger"
    OK your way out.
    4. Add or remove contacts from dropdown bar at top of Contacts Window.
    5.Drink beer
    6.Talk to friend(Assuming not too much of 5! :) )

    HTH

    Scrote, Apr 23, 2004
  4. eddiebhoy

    ProfGene Guest

    Instant message is not part of Outlook express. There is an MS instant
    messaging service that includes video conferncing or voice and there is a
    good one on Yahoo that also includes video and voice if desired. With these
    two (and there are others) you have a "buddy list" where you can see your
    friend's nick if he is online and click on it to send him a message and he
    can do the same. You can also send him a message which he will receive when
    he comes on line if he doesn't happen to be on line when you want to send
    him a message.

    ProfGene, Apr 23, 2004
  5. eddiebhoy

    Scraggy Guest

    Technically no, BUT, it is available through OE, which is what the OP was
    asking.

    Scraggy, Apr 23, 2004