    Anybody have any digital camera/driver install tips?

    Big thanks for any advice, please send personal e mail responses to

    --

    lesdhutch, Oct 8, 2003

  2. lesdhutch

    Tyke Guest

    Does the folder to which you are pointing Win98 have an INF file?
    Frequently the install disk has an executable *.EXE file which is run to
    uncompress a bunch of files.

    If the folder on the disk has an INF file then it may be written for a
    version of Windows above Win98 in which case you are hosed unless you
    upgrade.

    The camera is being detected but Win98 is showing the closest device it can
    find in its database.

    Dave Paine.

    Tyke, Oct 9, 2003

  3. I'm having the same problem, but it's weird:
    at one time the drivers were installed, because I could get the
    computer to respond to the presence of the camera with no problem.
    Then, it stopped recognizing it.
    I went also to the CD, found DCDC.inf, DCDC.sys, and DCDCPDR.pdr.
    They are in a directory marked specifically "Driver for Win98".
    It does seem a bit peculiar that these files would only work for more
    recent versions of Windows when they're so specified.
    Since the MGI PhotoSuite v8.2 is a piece of crap, I went back to a CD
    from an earlier camera, the 3500, I think it was, and installed
    PhotoSuite III.
    Suddenly, the computer recognized the camera.
    That was last night.
    Tonight? Nada. No recognizo.
    I'm tearing my hair out here.
    I'm also going away for a couple of weeks, but in the meantime, if
    anyone has any ideas about what to do, I'd sure appreciate hearing
    them, too.
    It's a bit crazy-making, that's for sure.
    I know the camera is working very well, since it behaves as it's
    supposed to off the computer.
    Help!!!

    Thanks...

    Peter Strauss
    Oakland CA

    Peter Strauss, Oct 11, 2003
  4. Success! Damn software...I reinstalled PhotoSuite 8.21 from the CD,
    just on a hunch, and now I get the other drive registering when the
    camera is plugged in.
    So now I'm stuck with this version, which sucks, but I do have a
    backup, a program from Kodak which I like a lot better, b/c it's
    simpler for a klutz like me to operate, especially the redeye remover.
    And the camera registers on the computer. That's the important part,
    isn't it?

    Peter

    Peter Strauss, Oct 11, 2003
  5. And failure again, damn, damn, damn.
    Got home today from grandson's 2nd birthday party, and ... computer
    now won't recognize camera. Glad they were essentially worthless
    pics, but still and all...
    Tried uninstalling photosuite8.21 and reinstalling, to no avail.
    Maddening.
    Sure hope someone has some answers somewhere...I am at my wits' end.

    Peter the Despairing

    Peter Strauss, Oct 11, 2003