    a 32-bit OS, Windows XP Media Center Edition. I downloaded Vista RC1 x64 and
    burned it to a DVD+RW, but when I try to install Vista, it says that it can't
    open on this opeating system. Is there any way for me to install it?

    Guest, Sep 27, 2006

  2. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    You can't open and install from your 32-bit os. You will have to install
    from the DVD

    John Barnes, Sep 27, 2006

  3. Guest

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    (boot from the DVD that you burned)

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Sep 27, 2006
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    How do I boot from the DVD?

    Guest, Sep 27, 2006
  5. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    You enter your BIOS, find the boot priority section and make the first item
    in boot priority the DVD drive. Then the hard drive in second position.
    Save the changes, reboot the computer and at the end of post, if you are
    asked at the bottom of the screen to 'boot from cd, hit any key' hit some
    key on the keyboard (spacebar). Follow instructions. If you need SATA
    drivers, get them BEFORE you start. Remember to get the right version of
    any drivers you need.

    John Barnes, Sep 27, 2006
  6. John, the person for whom I relayed the message is trying to reach you again
    and needs you to respond by Friday.

    Colin Barnhorst, Sep 27, 2006
  7. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    Thank you Colin. I will contact today.

    John Barnes, Sep 27, 2006
  8. You're welcome.

    Colin Barnhorst, Sep 27, 2006
  9. Guest

    Guest Guest

    ....... but you can install from within WinXP x64 - I know because I did it
    this way. Installed to a new, empty drive without a problem and gave me all
    the boot options required on startup.

    It might not be the recommended way, but it works :)

    Guest, Sep 27, 2006
  10. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    As a matter of fact, if you want to retain your XP X64 drive lettering, it
    is the only way to do it.

    John Barnes, Sep 28, 2006