Installing the HID module for XP

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by rjdriver, Dec 23, 2006.

  1. rjdriver

    rjdriver Guest

    Trying to get the Creative Fatality 2020 laser mouse working in Windows XP.
    Works fine within games. I can assign buttons to anything I want, but am
    unable to change the button configuration for use in Windows.

    Already been through Creative Tech Support, and they could not help.
    Returned the mouse for warrantee repair. They sent a new one. New one has
    same problem.

    Hooked mouse up to my spare computer, and it worked like a charm. Could
    reassign all buttons in Windows with no problem. So the issue has to be
    something in my main system's configuration.

    In trying to discover what difference between the computers is causing the
    problem, I came across the HID module in the services, and noticed that it
    was disabled. I changed the properties to Automatic, but when I went to
    start the module, I got the message"

    "Error 126: The specified module could not be found."

    I went through the Windows Components section of Add/Remove Programs to see
    if there was something in there that I had neglected to install, but could
    find nothing relating to this.

    Not sure where to look next. Short of trying a Repair Install, anyone know
    another way to get this module installed?

    Bob

    rjdriver, Dec 23, 2006