    no luck.

    Please help, I'm very dependent om my computer.

    /bjorn

    Bjorn, Aug 31, 2008

  2. Yes, we have seen many case like this one that XP sp3 may have issue with
    3rd party security software. In many cases, you may need to download the SP3
    first and install it by disabling the 3rd party software. Or this search
    result may help.
    XP SP3 Issues
    XP SP3 Issues. 1. We have received some reports that some security
    software may not work after install XP SP3. You may want to check there is a
    new update ...
    www.chicagotech.net/Windows/xpsp3.htm

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), Sep 2, 2008

  3. Bjorn

    Bjorn Guest

    I now have no "evidence" that Norton is causing the problem.
    I got new network card drivers, uninstalled the present and installed them
    again. And now I can connect to Internet.
    But: I can issue ipconfig (same error message), I see no network symbol in
    the status bar, I can not open Network connections in the control pane.

    So, it works but there are still a lot of problem. i hope it will not
    escalate in the future.

    /björn

    Bjorn, Sep 2, 2008