    I seem to get various messages dependng on the software but one I get
    is 'warning 1909; could not create xyz.lnk'

    Any ideas?

    BertieBigBollox, Aug 20, 2007

  2. BertieBigBollox

    ded Guest

    "Warning 1909. could not create..." is listed vaguely in the KB,
    indications
    are that either you are installing to a non-default folder location
    resulting
    in too long a path, If the error also includes: "Verify that the destination
    folder exists and that you can access it." - And you did install to the
    default
    location, it could be Windows file associations are corrupt or if an MS
    product it may require installing in the windows folder for intergration,
    the example is Office.

    This is the MS KB, type exactly the error message(s) you receive
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=&spid=global

    ded, Aug 20, 2007

  3. BertieBigBollox

    - Bobb - Guest

    Anyone else use PC that may have accidentally made this folder READ-Only ?
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs
    ( in case some items are trying to be made in the
    All Users menu and fail when they can't )
    What does event log show ?
    ( right-click - my computer - manage - event viewer - system / or
    application for " that day /time" when install failed"

    - Bobb -, Aug 20, 2007