Installing Acrobat Plugin

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by nikoli, Oct 14, 2003.

  1. nikoli

    nikoli Guest

    Hello, I'm trying to install the acrobat plug in for Netscape/Mozilla
    1.5 RC 2

    I follow the directions listed in the INSTGUIDE.TXT file

    "<i>To run the installation script:

    1. Change to the directory containing the installation script. If you are
    installing Acrobat Reader from a CD-ROM, change to the appropriate
    directory on the CD-ROM.

    2. Start the installation script. The filename of the script may be
    uppercase or lowercase depending on your system for example:

    # ./INSTALL

    3. Follow the instructions that appear on your screen.</i>"

    After the ./INSTALL command I get a license agreement in the terminal
    window that I can't figure out how to get past. It doesn't give me an
    option to say "yes" or "no". Instead at the end of the file it says...
    "YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE FOREGOING AGREEMENT WAS INDICATED DURING
    INSTALLATION."

    How do I get past this ????

    nikoli, Oct 14, 2003

  2. nikoli

    nikoli Guest

    Forgot To Say On Suse Linux 8.1

    nikoli, Oct 14, 2003

  3. nikoli

    dantu Guest

    Re: Forgot To Say On Suse Linux 8.1

    nikoli wrote:

    > nikoli wrote:
    >
    >> Hello, I'm trying to install the acrobat plug in for Netscape/Mozilla
    >> 1.5 RC 2
    >>
    >> I follow the directions listed in the INSTGUIDE.TXT file
    >>
    >> "<i>To run the installation script:
    >>
    >> 1. Change to the directory containing the installation script. If you
    >> are
    >> installing Acrobat Reader from a CD-ROM, change to the appropriate
    >> directory on the CD-ROM.
    >>
    >> 2. Start the installation script. The filename of the script may be
    >> uppercase or lowercase depending on your system for example:
    >>
    >> # ./INSTALL
    >>
    >> 3. Follow the instructions that appear on your screen.</i>"
    >>

    >> After the ./INSTALL command I get a license agreement in the terminal
    >> window that I can't figure out how to get past. It doesn't give me an
    >> option to say "yes" or "no". Instead at the end of the file it says...
    >> "YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE FOREGOING AGREEMENT WAS INDICATED DURING
    >> INSTALLATION."
    >>
    >> How do I get past this ????

    Um how about hitting return?

    dantu, Oct 14, 2003
  4. nikoli

    nikoli Guest

    dantu wrote:
    > nikoli wrote:
    >
    >> nikoli wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hello, I'm trying to install the acrobat plug in for Netscape/Mozilla
    >>> 1.5 RC 2
    >>>
    >>> I follow the directions listed in the INSTGUIDE.TXT file
    >>>
    >>> "<i>To run the installation script:
    >>>
    >>> 1. Change to the directory containing the installation script. If
    >>> you are
    >>> installing Acrobat Reader from a CD-ROM, change to the appropriate
    >>> directory on the CD-ROM.
    >>>
    >>> 2. Start the installation script. The filename of the script may be
    >>> uppercase or lowercase depending on your system for example:
    >>>
    >>> # ./INSTALL
    >>>
    >>> 3. Follow the instructions that appear on your screen.</i>"
    >>>

    >>> After the ./INSTALL command I get a license agreement in the terminal
    >>> window that I can't figure out how to get past. It doesn't give me an
    >>> option to say "yes" or "no". Instead at the end of the file it
    >>> says... "YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE FOREGOING AGREEMENT WAS INDICATED
    >>> DURING INSTALLATION."
    >>>
    >>> How do I get past this ????
    >>>

    > Um how about hitting return?

    Ummmm, how about WRONG !!! I tried that already... and also found that
    the correct answer is to press "q"

    nikoli, Oct 14, 2003
  5. nikoli

    nikoli wrote:

    > dantu wrote:
    >
    >> nikoli wrote:

    >> Um how about hitting return?
    >>

    > Ummmm, how about WRONG !!! I tried that already... and also found that
    > the correct answer is to press "q"

    Thats linux for ya. On the Mac the best THAT would have got you is quit.

    dantu, Oct 15, 2003
  6. nikoli

    nick holum Guest

    dantu wrote:
    > nikoli wrote:
    >
    >> dantu wrote:

    >>> Um how about hitting return?
    >>>

    >> Ummmm, how about WRONG !!! I tried that already... and also found that
    >> the correct answer is to press "q"
    >>

    > Thats linux for ya. On the Mac the best THAT would have got you is quit.

    yup, that's what it got me... it quit the lisence agreement and allowed
    me to continue the installation... dunno why on earth they didn't
    include that in the readme ????

    nick holum, Oct 15, 2003
  7. nikoli

    nick holum wrote:

    > dantu wrote:
    >
    >> nikoli wrote:

    >>> Ummmm, how about WRONG !!! I tried that already... and also found
    >>> that the correct answer is to press "q"
    >>>

    >> Thats linux for ya. On the Mac the best THAT would have got you is quit.
    >>

    > yup, that's what it got me... it quit the lisence agreement and allowed
    > me to continue the installation... dunno why on earth they didn't
    > include that in the readme ????

    Most likely the developer is a linux user and never thought twice about it

    dantu, Oct 16, 2003