    that already allows me to choose to boot from either my current
    install of XP or my current install of Linspire.

    Thanks

    Investigator, Apr 5, 2007

  2. Investigator

    sittingduck Guest

    Yes, it's easy.
    Boot from cd and tell windows where you want it.
    Be very careful not to overwrite something you don't want to lose.

    sittingduck, Apr 5, 2007

  3. Investigator

    Investigator Guest

    uh, easy for you maybe ;\

    I thought maybe I might run into problems, as I often do. I don't
    really want to have to set up my computer all over again, it takes
    a good month to finish it. Are you aware of any good docs or
    guides for doing this?
    Thank you!

    Investigator, Apr 5, 2007
  4. Investigator

    sittingduck Guest

    I learned by trial and error. :\

    There are probably lots of documents out there, I don't know of any offhand,
    so you could work on your search engine skills and try and find some. :)

    Disconnecting all but the drive you want windows installed to might help...

    sittingduck, Apr 5, 2007
  5. Investigator

    Jerry Attic Guest

    You might want to read up on the Acronis OS Selector manual, big boy. All
    versions of Windows NT has a habit of over writing boot sectors when
    installed. That's why when you have a multiple boot system, say with W98,
    XP and Linux, you want to load 98 first, XP next and then Linux. The OS
    selector might avoid this, but you better read their docs.

    Jerry

    Jerry Attic, Apr 5, 2007