    adapter. Tried switching slots, install rollback, reinstall, spent hours w/
    tech support, to no avail. get error msg "this device cannot start. (code
    10). Any suggestions?

    Guest, Aug 24, 2004

  2. Guest

    Pavel A. Guest

    Code 10 means that the driver got installed (so the installer did it's job)
    but the installed driver fails when it starts running.
    Please check the event log for relevant messages.

    --PA

    Pavel A., Aug 24, 2004

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I have been having the same error. I receive the "Code 10: This device could
    not start." I am using a Linksys WPC54G Wireless-G notebook adapter. I have
    a Compaq Presario 912RSH. My machine has a Texas Instruments CardBus
    controller, and linksys has a specific driver for the TI cardbus controller,
    but this has not helped. I have completely formatted my machine, and
    reinstalled. I have tried every type of wireless driver for my machine from
    the Compaq support pages. I purchased a second notebook adapter of the same
    make and model, but the same problem occures. I installed SP2, and there
    still has been no change. I have a linksys WRT54GS router, and I know for
    sure that isn't the problem, because I am also using a the linksys Wireless G
    game adapter (WGA54G) to play my PS2 on the internet, and I have not had any
    problems with it. I have also tried one of the MS IRQ fixes that is
    suggested to add a DWORD statement to the parameters of the pcmcia service to
    "DisableIsaToPciInterrupt." This too has not had any impact on the problem
    at hand. Here is some relevant information from the event log:

    Category None
    Company Name Microsoft Corporation
    Date 8/25/2004
    Event ID 5005
    File Name netevent.dll
    File Version 5.1.2600.0
    Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System
    Product Version 5.1.2600.0
    Source BCM43XX
    Time 9:20:55 PM
    Type Error

    Wireless-G Notebook Adapter : Has encountered an internal error and has
    failed.

    Data...(In Words)
    0000: 00040000 005c0002 00000000 c000138d
    0010: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
    0020: 00000000 00000000 00000103

    This event log occurs every time that I boot up my notebook. Any help would
    greatly be appreciated.

    Guest, Aug 28, 2004
  4. Guest

    Pavel A. Guest

    Excellent. Now please send this info to the device vendor (Linksys),
    or -if you purchased your Linksys card from Compaq - to Compaq support.

    --PA

    Pavel A., Aug 29, 2004