installation query

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by anOLDun, Dec 28, 2004.

  1. anOLDun

    anOLDun Guest

    Lo All

    Os = WinXP

    Trying to install "mixman dm2" the "blue digital" version.

    It starts to install then I get an error message as follows:-

    c:\docume~1\ben\locals~1\temp\{d4786c3a-a875-4d4c-a807-c9b09c2f0929}setup.in
    x'

    Tried doing google search but nothing of any help.

    Any ideas what is wrong and how I can fix it?

    Cheers

    anOLDun, Dec 28, 2004

  2. My guess: Some Programs istallation require Firewall disabled.
    Suggestion: Interference wiht SP2 ?? [email protected]

    [email protected], Dec 28, 2004

  3. anOLDun

    anOLDun Guest

    Hi "x"
    Many thanks for the reply......

    The PC does not have any firewalls installed.

    Also, i do not understand what <snip> Suggestion: Interference wiht SP2 ??
    means
    :-(

    anOLDun, Dec 28, 2004
  4. Sorry "Dun" What I meant with "Interference with SP2"
    is in case You have SP2 installed, as I read in
    newsgroups some programs conflicts with SP2.
    In Your case maybe does not apply. I am not famigliar
    with "mixman dm2". [email protected]

    [email protected], Dec 28, 2004
  5. anOLDun

    anOLDun Guest

    Hi X

    No need to be sorry, it is NOT your explanation that is at fault it is MY
    ignorance.

    What is an "SP2"?

    cheers

    anOLDun, Dec 28, 2004
  6. Hello "Dun"!!
    Stands for "Service Pack 2" It is one of Microsoft Idea.
    Here is the Url:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/default.mspx
    in case You wish to read more about SP2.
    Cheers, and All the best to You. [email protected]

    snip:

    [email protected], Dec 28, 2004
  7. anOLDun

    anOLDun Guest