    TIA for any and all assistance.

    Cheers
    Mike the Kiwi :)

    Mike the Kiwi, Jan 4, 2012

  2. Mike the Kiwi

    Paul Guest

    http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN561

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315346

    For people with older OSes, sometimes the problem is the Windows Installer
    version is too old. But in your case, you've already installed these
    before, so the Windows Installer version must be OK. But as in the first
    article above, perhaps the associated service has been disabled.

    Paul

    Paul, Jan 4, 2012

  3. Mike the Kiwi

    kelly Guest

    Try disabling your anti-virus/security.

    kelly, Jan 14, 2012
  4. Try disabling your anti-virus/security.

    Followed yr suggestion and tried that but didn't make a shred of difference
    I'm afraid.

    I'm back in the same boat, same river, going over the same goddam waterfall!
    lol

    Mike the Kiwi, Jan 16, 2012
  5. Mike the Kiwi

    Bville Guest

    Have you installed a different anti-virus? I noticed when I installed
    McAfee, a lot of programs that I had previously installed wouldn't work
    any more.

    Bville, Jan 16, 2012
  6. Avast is the antivirus I use and it has been on this computer for several
    years. Maybe it's an update or a Windows update that's causing it? What do
    you think?

    Mike the Kiwi, Jan 17, 2012
  7. Mike the Kiwi

    Bville Guest

    You could try to do a System Restore and pick a point of restoration
    before you started having problems.

    Or, something in Windows itself could be corrupted. Doing a Windows
    repair might work. Just be sure you move all of you files out of the My
    Documents Folder to another drive because the repair will erase that Folder.

    Bville, Jan 18, 2012
  8. Mike the Kiwi

    Woof Guest

    Each time I double click on the Setup.exe icon whilst trying to install a
    You don't specify system or OS, what the programs are, or if they
    require NET Frameworks. Updates to the NET Frameworks out of order can
    cause problems with software installations.

    Which of the MS Installers do you have installed? A newer installer
    MIGHT help:
    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/search.aspx?q=Installer

    Otherwise, more info would be helpful in resolving your issue.

    Woof, Jan 18, 2012
  9. My computer's specs are:

    System:
    Microsoft Windows XP
    Home Edition
    Version 2002
    Service Pack 3

    Computer:
    Intel Core 2 Duo CPU
    2.67GHz, 2.00GB RAM

    I use Office 2010 but with that I like to install parts of Office 2003 i.e.
    Office Toolbar, Save My Settings Wizard, etc which I've successfully done
    numerous times before. Office 2010 installed perfectly, but now Office 2003
    refuses to install.

    Hope this helps,
    Cheers
    Mike the Kiwi :)