Installation problem Easyshare 2.1 or 3.2 with W2K SP4

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by JS, Jan 15, 2004.

  1. JS

    JS Guest

    Hi

    I have a machine with Windows 2000 SP4 and the latest windowsupdate on wich
    I cant install Easyshare. With Easyshare 2.1 on the original CD I get the
    following error (sorry its french):

    "SETUP.EXE a genere des erreurs et sera ferme par windows. Vous devrez
    redemarrer le programme. Un journal des erreurs est en cour de creation."

    With Easyshare 3.2 from Kodak's web site:

    "Kodak Easyshare n'a pas pu terminer votre tache. (code d'erreur
    14x21x126x) Souhaitez-vous aller sur le Web pour chercher une solution?"

    any help appreciated

    thanks

    Jean-S├ębastien Gagnon

    JS, Jan 15, 2004

  2. The error message that you got when installing 3.2 asked you if you would
    like to go to the web for a solution to your problem [Souhaitez-vous aller
    sur le Web pour chercher une solution?"] and had a link to the on-line FAQ
    that categorizes this as an issue with the Microsoft installer with a link
    to Microsoft

    The link says:

    Kodak uses error codes in EasyShare software to better diagnose the problem
    the user has experienced. This allows Kodak software support to better
    assist a customer with this problem.
    Error code 14x21x126x indicates the EasyShare installer experienced a
    problem because the Microsoft Windows Installer used by the EasyShare
    installer failed to load a library file. You will need to visit the
    Microsoft website and review the symptoms and cause for why this problem
    occurred, and then complete the Microsoft recommended resolution.

    Once you have completed the resolution, then install your Kodak EasyShare
    software.

    William Jackson, Jan 15, 2004

  3. oh by the way, anything before V3.2 is NOT compatible with Win2K SP4. It'll
    run just fine if you upgrade from SP3 but will not install on SP4 since MS
    changed the way that the installer reports back what is on the system, we
    ask, it doesn't tell us the truth and the installer fails. This is fixed in
    V3.2 that is currently on the web site.

    William Jackson, Jan 15, 2004