    I've talked to Belking, but they don't offer any help apart from saying take the machine back to the manufacturers.

    Can anyone advise me on how to remove the old service so that the new installation can complete?

    Thanks

    Robinc, Oct 15, 2006

  2. Robinc

    JimmyD

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2006
    Messages:
    18
    Likes Received:
    0
    JimmyD, Oct 16, 2006

  3. Robinc

    Robinc

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi Jimmy,

    Thanks for the suggestion, but there isn't any Belkin like service running, so I suspect the problem may lie somewhere in the Register, but I'm not sure where. Any bright ideas?

    Thanks

    Robin

    Robinc, Oct 16, 2006
  4. Robinc

    JimmyD

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2006
    Messages:
    18
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi Robin,

    Can you please post the exact error message (verbatim)? I was thinking that a service (not necessarily a Belkin service) was running, and by shutting down all non-Microsoft services you might get lucky and kill the problem servicve, thereby allowing the install to work. :(

    Thanks,

    Jimmy

    JimmyD, Oct 16, 2006