    something to prepare the new PC to accept them?

    Thanks in advance.

    Smooth

    Smooth, May 18, 2007

  2. Smooth

    Guest Guest

    make sure all 3 drives are jumpered to "cable select" then on the
    primary ide cable stick the new pc's main hdd on the end of the cable
    and one of the older ones in the middle, then plug the 3rd hdd onto
    the secondary ide cable.

    windows will do he rest.

    Flamer.

    Guest, May 18, 2007

  3. Smooth

    dfrog Guest

    Smooth,

    there is a chance that your 'old PC' acted as it did because of 'garbage'
    that had built up on it's hard drive (s) ( no offence meant, but it does
    happen), and if you then put these drives into your new computer, then the
    same problems would persist, just a thought..........

    dfrog

    dfrog, May 18, 2007
  4. Smooth

    ProfGene Guest

    You need to change the old drive's jumpers to make it a slave. Very
    often on older drivers this is done by removing the jumper but there
    should be a picture of the jumper settings on the drive. If there is no
    picture you may be able to find one on the Website of the maker.

    ProfGene, May 27, 2007