    and I have some old dictionaries. I can´t install them. So I´
    wondering if the install.exe is 16-bit can the programs .exe file b
    32-bit

    canonjon, Sep 10, 2005

  2. canonjon

    Ken Halter Guest

    The installer for an app is generally not related to the app at all... iow,
    someone may've used an old 16 bit version of InstallShield to build a setup
    package for a brand new app.

    If they're old games, using 16 bit installers, chances are the installers
    aren't doing anything fancy... which means they're easily tracked so you may
    be able to manually install them, one dll at a time, if the installer's
    causing problems. fwiw, I use System Mechanic 5. It has all kinds of stuff,
    including a utility to track changes to your system caused by installing
    software (or anything else). It'll give you a report of every registry key
    that's changed/added/removed, every file/folder that's been
    changed/added/removed, etc, etc. between any 2 points in time.
    (http://www.iolo.com/sm/index.cfm)

    Ken Halter, Sep 10, 2005

  3. canonjon

    Mercury Guest

    you can sometimes use the 32bit more modern installer s/w in place of the
    16bit installer. go to the installer product vendor website and look around
    for a 32 bit version. if the target is 16 bit, sorry....

    Mercury, Sep 10, 2005