    2) If I can install direct from my PC, which of the three above files shall
    I launch?

    Many thanks!

    Jalar, Jul 16, 2008

  2. Jalar

    Carlos Guest

    Carlos, Jul 16, 2008

  3. What is the url you ordered from? I assume it is on Windows Marketplace.
    What OS are you running now?

    The instructions there require that all three files be in the same directory
    so I assume a dvd would be fine. I suspect the dvd needs to be bootable
    since you have to clean install x64. x64 Setup won't run in an x86 Windows.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 16, 2008
  4. Jalar

    Jalar Guest

    I am running off Vista 32 Home Premium (OEM version) Yes, this was from the
    Microsoft site.

    The problem now is:

    On extracting the file for set-up, as per instructions, I receive the error
    message:

    Cannot extract Windows Vista Setup to your hard drive. Please ensure that
    you can create files and folders in the same folder where VistaSetupPrep.exe
    was downloaded.

    I have a limited knowlodge of Windows and, to be frank, I'm at a complete
    loss as to what to do next...

    Jalar, Jul 16, 2008